The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers. It helps to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world!
These are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award.
4. Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
5. Give them 11 questions of your own.
Thank you Shealea for nominating me! (Totally feel free to strike up a convo sometime with me!)
Questions from Shealea:
1. Since it’s halfway through the year, what are the best and worst reads you’ve encountered so far this 2016?
I’ve sadly only read 13 books so far this year, so this is a hard question to answer. But I do have an answer. The worst read I’ve encountered this year comes from a school and a worldwide renowned author: The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway. I just cannot like any Hemingway stories, I’ve tried. It makes me feel like a horrible person. Anyways, on to the best reads I’ve encountered this year. I’ll choose my top three: The Romantics by Leah Konen, Hello? by Liza Wiemer, and Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. All of them are five star reads! (Check them out on Goodreads.)
2. What fear have you overcome this year? If you haven’t yet, what fear would you like to overcome?
I don’t believe I have overcome a fear this year, but a fear I would love to get over (at some point) is my fear of heights. Not specifically being up high, but I guess more specifically falling from a height. I probably can’t get over this fear quickly from the ground, but the ground is so safe! 🙂
3. If you were a Pokemon gym leader, what type of Pokemon (i.e. fire, water, electric) would you be battling with?
Umm… so I don’t know Pokémon besides Pikachu and Jigglypuff. Can I choose one of those? What is Pikachu considered? Electric? Umm… I guess I choose electric because water can’t take me out and I could start fires. Does that make sense? Is this how it works? I should educate myself in the Pokémon world.
4. What genre (book/movie/whatever) have you never tried? Would you consider giving it a shot one day?
I’m going to go with a pop culture here, and say I someday want to try to watch Teen Wolf. A few of my acquaintances watch the show, and I feel like I should jump on the bandwagon. What do you think?
5. What are your go-to activities whenever you feel like procrastinating?
I blog. Ha ha ha… Nah, I just go on Twitter, then Pinterest, then my personal Instagram, then my bookstagram, then my Facebook. Sometimes I call my friends for a few hours at a time. I watch Netflix, like right now.
6. Has a song ever inspired you to write or to create something? What’s the title of the song? How did it inspire you?
I actually got inspired one time by listening to Michael Jackson songs, Smooth Criminal, Billie Jean, and Dirty Diana. I wrote a poem combining all three of those songs with the girls’ names. Which reminds me that I need to post the poem on here soon.
7. Who is your favorite and least favorite fictional heroine?
I can for sure say my least favorite fictional heroine is Tris from the Divergent Trilogy. I don’t know if I have a favorite fictional heroine because there are so many great ones. Basically find a five star read with a girl for the heroine and that’s my favorite! Ha ha ha
8. What fictional OTP are you most strongly against and why? (Read: NOTP)
Oh boy, this is hard. I’m usually all for OTPs in books. I guess in The 10o TV show fandom, apparently a lot of people love Clexa (Clarke and Lexa). But I feel like everyone knows Bellarke (Bellamy and Clarke) is the OTP endgame. But if Clexa counts as an OTP, then they’re my NOTP. Why? Well, I just get this feeling about things like OTPs, objectively of course.
9. What is the one thing you dislike so much you’ll never run out of reasons to rant about it?
Bad ship names. My friends have brought it to my attention numerous times that I have a thing about ship names. I just need the ship name to be good if I’m going to ship it! Like Monde from Reign is a horrible ship name! It sounds like Monday and nobody likes Mondays! Okay, before I get any further. … next question.
10. What is the most inspiring thing you’d ever been told by someone?
My best friend, Cal, actually inspires me to keep writing and posting my poetry because she says she can relate to them all. She even goes back to reread some when she needs to. This inspired me and touched me so much!!
11. Which blogger(s) have you admired from a distance (so to speak) and want to be friends with?
My Questions for the Nominees:
- What is the meaning behind your blog’s title?
- What’s your favorite poem/quote? What significance does it have to your life?
- How do you prefer to channel your creativity? (i.e. writing, music, reading, etc.)
- Which blogger (s) have you wanted to work with but haven’t contacted yet?
- What is a book/tv show/musical group that everyone else hates but you love?
- What is your favorite type of food, and then your favorite memory associated with the food?
- Which book to movie adaptation are you most excited for this year? Has it already come out?
- How do you plan to tackle your tbr list for this year? Are you ahead or behind of your plan?
- What is one way you hope to expand your blog in the future? (more social media accounts, memes, weekly challenges, etc.)
- Why did you decide to start a blog when you did?
- What was your last five-star read, and what was it about?
Well, there are the 11 questions for my nominees. I hope you enjoy them, and I cannot wait to see your answers! Here are my 11 nominees:
Jamie @BooksandLadders, Iridescence @ light up the shining night stars, Candid Cover, Both the gals @ Rattle the Star, Reg @ She Latitude, Whitney @ Imaginary Book Club, Cait @ Paper Fury, Trish @ Heart Via Pages, Aimee @ My Life in Books, Shannon @ Clockwork Bibliphile, Muggle Books, and YOU!
Have fun, and much love, XOXO,
~ A Writer Named Charley~