I got tagged by one of my wonderful followers and fellow blogger, Bella, to do The Little Engine Tag a few days ago. If you know me, then you know I can’t NOT do it. (That would just be mean!) So here we go:
Each answer you give to a question has to be more than two sentences long. Or at the very least, you have to make those two sentences meaningful.
- There will be two bonus questions at the end, that the blogger gets to change to whatever they want to ask when they nominate someone else. The first six questions, however, are set in stone.
- At the end you must nominate three to five other bloggers. Okay, so you don’t have to, but that would be nice if you could. (I want my blog name to spread on for all of eternity.)
- You know how sometimes in quiet classrooms, they’ll be that one guy clicking his pen fifty times a second, and it’s annoying as hell to everyone else? Yeah, don’t be that guy. This doesn’t apply to this tag so much, but more to life in general.
Okay… so here we go!
- What’s one of your biggest pet peeves?
When someone consistently makes the same noises in a fast pace (i.e. clicking a pen, tapping their feet against the floor or the table’s legs, etc.) for some reason the noise makes me super wound up. If I do the noises though, then it doesn’t bother me. Does that have a deeper meaning?
2. What is your favorite song at the moment?
Right now I have three songs I keep playing on repeat, and two of them are because I still am halfway book/movie/life hungover with Me Before You. Okay, here are the songs:
- Unsteady by X Ambassadors
- Not Today by Imagine Dragons
- Sound of Silence by Disturbed. (Something about his voice.)
3. Who is your favorite blogger?
Yikes, this is hard. Right now I would have to say I have a ton. My favorite blogger (except also I have like an entire page for book(ish) sites I love) would be Imaginary Book Club because of the way they invited me into the book community. They gave me my first guest blogger post (on my site) and I hope to soon return the favor. (Life gets busy.)
4. What’s the nicest thing you’ve seen someone do recently?
Yesterday, I took the girl I am nannying this summer hiking. On the trail we met a dad who stopped and talked to us to help us figure out what types of leaves we were picking up for our scavenger hunt. He could have continued to pass with his daughter in the wagon down the trail, but he heard us talking about the leaves and decided to help us. I loved every moment, as did Austin.
5. What’s something you regret doing?
This is going to sound crazy, but I don’t regret doing anything in my past. Sure, I have some embarrassing moments, but I don’t regret them. Everything shaped me to the person I am today.
6. If you could take only three items with you to a deserted island, what would they be, and why?
Hermione’s magical bag, a wilderness survival handbook, and a boat. Why? Because then I could get off the deserted island and back to home.
- Explain the meaning behind your blog title.
My blog title is one I came up with on the whim: A Writer Named Charley. I like it though, because then I can write about whatever it is I want to write about. I am a writer. I have, however, debated a few times changing my title to something else. (Any ideas?)
2. What is one memory that makes you smile?
I have so many memories that make me smile, so I am going to bend the rules a little bit. I have a group of friends, I call them my New Hope friends. I have known most of them since fourth grade. Every memory I have with them brings a smile to my face. 🙂
My Questions for other people:
- What is one event that changed you to who you are now (either good/bad)?
- Why did you become a blogger?
Much love, XOXO,
~A Writer Named Charley~